What is MDCLCP?
MD Certified Life Care Planner (MDCLCP) is dedicated to providing personalized Life Care Plans authored by certified physician life care planners to individuals facing long-term healthcare requirements. With more than 10 years of combined experience, Dr. Hector Miranda-Grajales and Dr. Valerie Rundle Gonzalez are recognized experts in the review and assessment of future healthcare needs and associated costs for both healthcare litigation and personal financial planning purposes.
Dr. Miranda-Grajales is triple boarded in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, Interventional Pain Management, and Brain Injury Medicine. Fluent in Spanish and English, he is also a certified life care planner (CLCP), having completed his Life Care Plan certification with the University of Florida’s College of Public Health and Health Professions (Department of Behavioral Science and Community Health.) Dr. Rundle Gonzales is a board-certified Neurologist and Certified Life Care Planner who completed her residency and life care planning training at the University of Florida, along with her movement disorders fellowship where she learned how to manage patients treated with deep brain stimulation. Dr. Miranda-Grajales currently serves as the medical director of Medical Injury Rehabilitation Specialists in Austin, Texas.
What’s the advantage of having a physician certified life care planner?
Because issues related to longterm healthcare needs can be complicated and vast, it is ideal for a Life Care Plan to include physician input. Utilizing a life care planner that is a physician means the same individual creating the Life Care Plan report can also perform the following necessary steps to compile it:
- Independent medical exam
- Comprehensive medical assessment
- Medical record review including EMG and nerve conduction study analysis, CT scan and MRI assessments
- Expert witness testimony
- Expert opinion on causality within a reasonable degree of medical probability
- Expert opinion regarding liability issues
- Expert opinion as to the presence or absence of permanent injury
- Impairment rating using the AMA guidelines
- MMI determination (for workers comp cases)
- Treatment recommendations for current and future pain management requirements (spinal cord stimulator implant, pain pump, lumbar or cervical facet blocks, lumbar or cervical epidural steroid injections, RF ablations, stellate ganglion blocks, trigger point injections, joint injections, among others)
- Thorough home evaluation
- Quality-of-life needs assessment
Other services provided at MDCLCP?
Medical cost projections, home evaluation, medical assessment, Independent Medical Exam, expert witness work, medical record review, EMG and nerve conduction study analysis, CT scan and MRI assessments, MMI determination, make treatment recommendations, render an opinion regarding liability issues, render an opinion of the presence or absence of a permanent injury, future need of pain management techniques, such as: spinal cord stimulator implant, pain pump, lumbar or cervical facet blocks, lumbar or cervical epidural steroid injections, radiofrequency ablations, stellate ganglion blocks, trigger point injections, joint injections, etc.